Friday, August 29, 2008

GREETINGS FROM CARMELA'S CUCINA

Where did the summer go? Wasn't it just beautiful? We had loads of company, and a great deal of fun, both in town and at our lake home in Wisconsin. Now it is time for the kids to return to school and a routine. Even though I don't have school aged kids anymore I still look for the school bus in the morning and in the afternoons. I like to watch the kids walk home after a long day, carrying their heavy backpacks. I think they could use a good afternoon snack. Below you will find my version of a Cookie Pizza that is part of my Kids in the Cucina Classes at Cooks of Crocus Hill. This recipe is such a hit with the youngsters in my class and I hope it will be for your special child too. With a tall glass of cold milk and some fruit, you have a great snack to see your child through the after school activities and to dinner. I hope your kids love KIDS COOKIE PIZZA.

KIDS COOKIE PIZZA

1 large sugar cookie
1-tablespoon strawberry or raspberry jam
Bar of white chocolate
Fruit roll-ups, red, green and yellow

Spread jam over sugar cookie, grate white chocolate over the jam. Cut out small circles of red fruit roll-ups and small strips of green and yellow fruit roll -ups. Place circles for peperoni and strips for peppers over the chocolate shavings.

To make one large pizza: Take 1 roll of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough and spread out into a circle on a cookie sheet. Bake according to directions or until nicely browned. Cover cooled cookie with jam and shave white chocolate onto the jam. Cut red fruit roll-up into circles and green and yellow roll-ups into strips, add the pieces of fruit to the pizza. Cut into wedges and serve.

To see my complete teaching schedule at cooks of Crocus Hill go to www.cooksofcrocushill.com

Buon appetito,

Carmela Tursi Hobbins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Carmie, Loved the pictures of Bay field! Those people on the porch look very familiar. We had a great time didn't we? Lollie