Tuesday, July 8, 2008

CARMELA'S CONDIMENTO

Greetings from Carmela's Cucina,

Are you looking for a way to spice up your life? Then let me suggest a package of my new condimento. The Italians use it on their foccacia, pizza and pasta and now you can too. You can even make a simple pasta sauce from it. Just add a teaspoon of my new condimento to some garlic infused olive oil and dress your pasta with it. Delicious and a meal just like my cousins in Calabria would make.

Each 4 ounce bag is just $5.00 plus tax and you can get some by contacting me at my web site at www.carmiescucina.com My condimento is made for me by Graziano Brothers Imports in Des Moines, Iowa. This mix includes dried basil, garlic, parsley, oregano and crushed red pepper and is packaged with love, which makes any dish better. Try some today, you will like it, and it really will add some zip to your life. Following is an easy recipe to get you started.

FOCCACIA

1 can of Pillsbury pizza dough
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic crushed
1 teaspoon Carmela's Condimento

Open and unroll the pizza crust on to a greased baking sheet. With a pastry brush spread the olive oil over the crust and dot with crushed garlic. Sprinkle evenly with the condimento and bake according to package directions.

Your family is going to love you!

Buon appetito,

Carmela Tursi Hobbins

No comments: