Sunday, November 21, 2010

THANKSGIVING SIDE DISH

GREETINGS FROM CARMELA'S CUCINA,

I don't know about you, but this holiday season I am determined that I will not gain the usual five pounds and then have to fight all winter long and into the summer to take it off. I am looking for some tasty, but satisfying side dishes to go along with my turkey dinner this year. And something that my family is going to love too.

We really enjoy this marinated carrot salad. It can be made ahead and even stored in your fridge up to six week. I have to confess, we have never had it last nearly that long so I really don't know. What I do know, it that it is really a great recipe, easy to make and you will enjoy it on your Thanksgiving table.

I hope you all love Marinated Carrots as much as we do and that you have a most wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends this year.

Buon appetito,

Carmela Tursi Hobbins

MARINATED CARROTS

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon dried mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
One can tomato soup
2 pounds baby cut carrots, cooked but still firm
1 medium red onion sliced into half rings
1 cup chopped parsley

Combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the soup. Mix the carrots, and onion together in a large glass dish, pour the sauce over the vegetables, stir gently to combine and refrigerate over night. When ready to serve toss in the chopped parsley. This salad will keep stored in a plastic container for up to six weeks in your refrigerator.

MAKE 12-15 SERVINGS

No comments: