Wednesday, March 11, 2009

COOKING CLASS MARCH 19, 2009

GREETINGS FROM CARMELA'S CUCINA,Well, we were blasted with another winter storm yesterday and the wind-chill is 25 below zero this morning. Old-man winter is not giving up easily this year. By now you may all be suffering from cabin-fever as I am! At times like this I always look for a fun way to beat the winter blues. I have an idea for you too.

Next week on March 19, 2009 in the evening I will be teaching one of my favorite cooking classes, "SUNDAY DINNER AT MAMA'S". This class has been very successful in the past and the people at Cook's of Crocus Hill (http://www.cooksofcrocushill.com/) tell me that there are still a few open spots. Give them a call and sign up for this event. It will surely warm up your spirits and I will teach you a great southern Italian meal just like Mama taught me. This is the dinner that was on our table every Sunday while growing up, that always attracted many family and friends to the table. Once you have the skills down, you can be sure that your table will be plenty full as well.

In Italian families Sunday dinner at Mama's is tradition. No one can make a Sugo (sauce) like she does. This class includes all of the recipes and secrets that have been handed down for three generations that originate in our little village in Calabria, Italy. And it is not just about the food, I will share with you the customs and stories about growing up in and Italian-American family.

I will demonstrate and you will eat an antipasto of Gorgonzola and honey crostini with sauteed pears while enjoying a crisp glass of Prosecco (the sparkling wine of Italy). We will enjoy Mamma's rich tomato sauce with meatballs and steakrolls, a mixed field green salad with a crisp Frico basket (Parmesan cheese basket) and for dessert you will enjoy Nutella Ravioli with a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh strawberries.

And if this doesn't cure the winter blues, then go to my web-site at http://www.carmiescucina.com/ and click on the tours button and sign up for a fall trip to Italy, where it is always warm and beautiful.

I hope to see you at a class or on a culinary tour to Italy in the very near future.

Buon appetito,

Carmela Tursi Hobbins

1 comment:

Culinary Wannabe said...

What fun! I wish I lived nearby! It sounds like you have so many special stories and recipes to share.