Sunday, March 9, 2008

4 IRISH MEN AND 1 ITALIAN MAMA

Greetings from Carmela's Cucina,

I was taking a look at my monthly calender today and realized that it is time to dig out my Irish Soda Bread Recipe. As most of you know I am of Italian descent and may be wondering why I am interested in making this bread. My husband, Bob is Irish, his family comes from county Mayo in Ireland and that makes our three sons half Irish. So I always try to do something on March 17th to make this day special. I usually cook up a big pot of Irish Stew and make some Irish Soda Bread to go with it. On occasion I know the men in my family have raised a pint or two as well to celebrate the day.

My quick and easy bread is full of currents and caraway seeds and when slathered with butter is delicious. You may want to try making this recipe for your friends and family too. Go to my web site at http://www.carmiescucina.com/ and click on the recipe of the month link and then on to archived recipes, then go to March 2005 for the recipe that I have been using for years. I hope you enjoy this bread as much as my family does. Let me know what you think about it and if you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share with us for Irish Soda Bread or Stew, please do.

And if you would like more information about the origins and history of Irish Soda Bread go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_soda_bread

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours.

May good luck be with you
Wherever you go.
And your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow.

Buon Appetito,

Carmela Tursi Hobbins

No comments: