Sunday, March 30, 2008

ENDLESS PASTABLITIES

Greetings from Carmela's Cucina,

Last week my friend and food writer Sue Doeden contacted me. She had developed a recipe for Baked Ziti with Ham, Asparagus and Fresh Peas -- what a breath of Spring that is!

The reason for her call was to talk about cooking pasta, a subject that I love to discuss and teach in my many culinary classes. After I told her everything I could think of that is important about pasta -- the various kinds of pasta, how to cook it, and matching sauces with the different types of pasta -- she asked if I would be willing to do an audio-interview for the Bemidji Pioneer newspaper. Of course I readily agreed.

To read Sue's column and to get her recipe for Baked Ziti go to www.bemidjipioneer.com then click on her link, All About Food. If you would like to hear what I had to say about pasta (and I hope that you do), click on the audio icon that is part of her column.

Sue and I would love to hear what you think about the recipe and interview and, if you have a recipe that you would like to share, send that to us too. Most of all, if you have a pasta tip that you would like others to know about, please submit that as well.

And remembe, keep cooking pasta. The possibilities are endless!

Buon appetito,

Carmela Tursi Hobbins

No comments: