Tuesday, March 25, 2008

JERSEY BOYS

Greetings From Carmela's Cucina,

I finally got to collect tonight on a Christmas gift from my husband, Bob. Tickets to the Jersey Boys! "Oh What a Night." From their opening song to their final encore, the Jersey Boys brought back hundreds of memories for this Italian girl growing up in "Little Italy" in Des Moines, Iowa. The energy of the performers who had Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons dances, and mannerisms down perfectly was amazing. The rough talk reminded me of some of my former school mates, OK guys, I promise not to give you up!

If you don't have tickets get them now, I understand that there are still good seats left go to www.ticketmaster.com and buy yourself some of the best entertainment in this town. You won't be disappointed. By the end of the evening the audience was up and singing and dancing to great tunes like, Rag Doll, Working My Way back to You, Walk Like a Man and my favorite My Eyes Adored You. It's a blast from the past so be prepared to have a good time and enjoy this great performance. Just a small warning the show was about 2 and half hours long, but went by so quickly that I was very sad to see it end.

And if you are looking for a quick bite to eat before the show, we like to drop into the M and S Grill at 5th and Nicolett for their Happy Hour from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.. They are still serving one of the best cheeseburgers in town with tomato, lettuce and onion, it weighs in at a half pound, so bring your appetite with you and it includes a large serving of fries, for just $1.95 (yes, I do have the price right). With a nice glass of Pinot Noir at $5.00 a glass it can be one of the best bargains in town.

So, "Hang On To What You've Got", and start making some plans!

Buon appetito,

Carmela Tursi Hobbins

No comments: