Thursday, March 20, 2008

MADE IN ITALY

Greetings from Carmela's Cucina,

For all of you who are Italian, married to an Italian, have Italian friends or just wish you were Italian, I have a great way for you to learn more about all things Italian.

If you would like to acquire more knowledge about living, cooking and traveling in Italy the U of M is offering a class that you will not want to miss. Offered by the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, the class meets on Mondays from March 24-April 28 from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.

Located at the McNamara Alumni Center at the University of Minnesota on the East Bank at the intersection of Washington Ave. and Oak Street. Parking is available at the parking ramps near the building. For more information on the class,"Italia in Minnesota" go to www.cce.umn.edu/olli class number 1663.

I will be the speaker on Mon. March 31, 2008. My subject is growning up in an Italian-American Family. My cook book will be available for purchase and I will also have my condimento with me. And best of all I plan on bringing some samples.

I hope you will think about this class as it is a great opportunity to learn more about the Italian culture. And the best thing about all of this, the class is free!

Buon appetito,

Carmela Tursi Hobbins

No comments: